Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-11 07:01:41
You state impossibility.  Could you explain why it's impossible?  We may
not want all of the redundancy upasfs provides, but a new message store
that duplicates some of the information, e.g. providing raw as-received
email and separate decoded, one-per-line, headers file, seems possible.

My thought is this: this doesn't gain anything for nmh.  It doesn't
make the implementation any easier; it makes it harder, because we have
to write the code to manage and maintain this new message store.  It is
in fact is only useful for non-nmh tools.  I understand that some people
find that useful, but I have not yet been persuaded that it is nmh's job
to provide an interface for generic Unix text processing tools.  Also, it's
hard for me to get excited about writing a bunch of code that will
make nmh more complex for no gain to nmh.

I don't want to dissuade anyone else from writing that code; if you're
interested, please go ahead!