Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-11 14:38:17
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
(Half a year ago)

I've thought about the nmh target audience ... I guess my thinking is the
ideal nmh user be programmers who want a flexible MUA that can make use of
many of the features of the Unix command line.

Way back when I was working at SRI in the 80's, our entire group,
programmers, scientists, and support staff alike, used MH. Thus
non-programmers could use MH, and that hasn't changed.

What has likely changed are expectations. Users are used to HTML
messages with inline images and links. As others as said, some sort of
GUI makes nmh useful to a broader range of users.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>