Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-17 13:49:26
Pardon me for interrupting (as I've only been paying partial attention
to this and the iCalendar threads), but I'm wondering about treating
calendaring in the same way as email.  That is, import an ics file and
split each event into its own file in the nmh directory hierarchy.  Has
something like this been discussed before?

Well ... it would be hard.  Right now all of the tools assume an RFC-2822
(or close to it) file format.  I guess we could mutate it into something
that looks like a standard email message, but I do not know how useful
that would be.

I'm a refugee from the Chandler Project.  I liked the idea of having
mutable items that could be todos or events.  I'm looking for some kind
of replacement and I wonder if building on nmh is where I should go...

Is Chandler dead?  I admit I am not familiar with it.  Hm, okay, yeah,
I guess it is dead.  That's a shame.

Anybody keep their to-do list(s) in nmh?

Well, I don't.  I'm lame; I use iCloud; it takes care of the hard bits for
me.  The reason I care about iCal messages is I get those things via email
for work; I'd want to import them into my iCloud calendar (which should be
easy) and send back a reply (which is where nmh needs to get involved).

Someone might be able to put to-dos in nmh; I'm not seeing how it would
work myself, but if someone else comes up with an idea I'd be open to it.