Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-17 16:41:38
a FUSE that allowed ~/Maildir to be a dynamic gateway (with caching and
indexing and so on) to ~/Mail, such that i could run dovecot to both
deliver incoming mail and access it via IMAP, would make me happy. we
might even be able to let ~/Mail remain in pure MH format even while
~/Maildir has all the attachments broken out into separate
files/subdirectories in pure 8-bit format. (this would be a ~/Maildir
extension, which others could then teach dovecot to look for.)

I dunno ... FUSE?  That a) seems also like a huge amount of work, and b)
is extremely non-portable.  See previous discussions on my feelings about
that.  I put that in "nice if someone else does not, but not me" pile.