Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-17 16:10:53
if we'd like MH to become relevant and remain relevant, it has to become
a reasonable bearer channel for the apps that our families without
shells or terminals can use to exchange data with us.

So, Paul, what would _you_ like nmh to do?  Well, yes, I know you would
like for nmh to provide a library for other programs to link against so
you could share your mail store with IMAP servers (and as a result, clients)
and nmh.  I'd like that as well ... but I don't seem that happening even
in the medium term (my daughter will presumably go to college in 10 years ...
so maybe then I can start on that?).

So, given what you think we can achieve with nmh in a reasonable
timeframe, what would let you make more use of nmh _now_?  A store
backend that used IMAP?  A store backend that used Maildir, so you could
use it with Dovecot?  The latter is probably easier to implement than
the former, although I think the former would be more generally useful.