Re: [Nmh-workers] PGP support

2014-11-18 07:03:11
Oliver wrote:

On 9 Nov, Ken Hornstein wrote:
I have attached. I think it broke with nmh 1.6, it used:
mhshow-show-multipart/signed: sigcheck %a %F

That was probably my fault, but it would be helpful to figure out
exactly how it broke.  It begs a larger meta-question: should we allow
a handler for multiparts?  Those are sort of special and are normally
handled internally.

I did a git bisect and tracked this down to a2806483. A change which
among other things "Fixed quoting of filename".

That fix was necessary because this:

  mhshow-show-multipart/signed: sigcheck %a '%F'

used to have this effect:

  mhshow-show-multipart/signed: sigcheck %a ''%F''

which was clearly broken (and noted, but not quite as
clearly, in the comments).

It is clear that there is intentional code there to handle a multipart
part by substituting a list of temporary files for each part. The new
quoting results in them all being quoted together including the space
separators and passed to the script as a single argument.

So, is the choice here (for anyone) to modify that code yet
again, or (for you) to modify your script?

David