Re: [Nmh-workers] PGP support

2014-11-19 08:33:14
That's handled properly (or at least as properly as it ever
was).  The problem was with, literally, '%F', '%f', etc.
mhn.defaults wrapped them with '' (not any more, though it would
no longer be a problem), and I'm sure many of us did that in our
own profiles.

I'm wondering if we need to do this differently.

Specifically, maybe we should perform argument tokenization (run through
argsplit(), _THEN_ substitute filenames?  If the arguments (before
filename substitution) don't have shell metacharacters then it will
already be split into an argv[] vector and won't be subject to an
extra level of shell interpolation.  If the arguments DO have shell
metacharacters, then either a) we can quote those arguments, or b)
assume that the person who wrote those arguments knows enough to do the
proper quoting.