[Nmh-workers] MH FAQ update

2014-11-23 13:36:42
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> writes:

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

okay -- i can accept all that.

but at the least the documentation needs to keep up.  mts.conf.man,
mh-tailor, the FAQ, should all mention that the basic client
connectivity has changed.

Fair enough; that's a valid criticism.  The FAQ is Bill's baby; it's kind
of out of date and I haven't really wanted to tackle it.  But I will take
on updating those man pages.

Yeah, that's true, but then I haven't received any contributions to add
to it :-).

I'll make a quick pass now and at least update the nmh version number.
If you see anything that's blatently wrong, please let me know. A FAQ
update can be pushed out relatively quickly.

I've updated the nmh stable update version number and a couple of other
things. While not strictly FAQs, perhaps it would be good to make a few
additions that point out things in other answers that are currently
wrong.

The original content of the FAQ came from the comp.mail.mh newsgroup. I
haven't had access to that for years, which is the main reason we
haven't had a FAQ update in a long time. Does it still exist? If so, is
there traffic, and is there an email gateway?

As I was reacquainting myself with the FAQ, my first reaction was to
remove all of the obsolete text, or references to sites that were no
longer available. However, I thought better of it. This document
encapsulates the long history of MH. What do you think?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>