Re: [Nmh-workers] MH FAQ update

2014-11-23 13:45:23
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> writes:

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> writes:

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

okay -- i can accept all that.

but at the least the documentation needs to keep up.  mts.conf.man,
mh-tailor, the FAQ, should all mention that the basic client
connectivity has changed.

Fair enough; that's a valid criticism.  The FAQ is Bill's baby; it's kind
of out of date and I haven't really wanted to tackle it.  But I will take
on updating those man pages.

Yeah, that's true, but then I haven't received any contributions to add
to it :-).

I'll make a quick pass now and at least update the nmh version number.
If you see anything that's blatently wrong, please let me know. A FAQ
update can be pushed out relatively quickly.

If you have time over the long Thanksgiving weekend (for those of you in
the US) to send me updates, I'll incorporate them and push an update to
the git repository and FAQ servers next Sunday night. Thanks.

http://www.newt.com/faq/mh.html
nmh/docs/FAQ

I've updated the nmh stable update version number and a couple of other
things. While not strictly FAQs, perhaps it would be good to make a few
additions that point out things in other answers that are currently
wrong.

The original content of the FAQ came from the comp.mail.mh newsgroup. I
haven't had access to that for years, which is the main reason we
haven't had a FAQ update in a long time. Does it still exist? If so, is
there traffic, and is there an email gateway?

As I was reacquainting myself with the FAQ, my first reaction was to
remove all of the obsolete text, or references to sites that were no
longer available. However, I thought better of it. This document
encapsulates the long history of MH. What do you think?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>