Re: [Nmh-workers] date math

2014-12-15 23:30:11
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

Ken wrote:

[Norm:]
Shouldn't that be the default?

You know ... maybe?  What do others think?

No, because date is the sender's context.  And it's easy enough
to change how it's viewed.

Disagree, because the date is viewed in the reader's context.

Easy enough? If it were easy, then why did 30 years pass before I
found out how to do it.

Most of my emails at work are not in my timezone, and it is @#*&#@&!
annoying to have to do the conversion when the message is "Meeting in
half an hour" and trying to figure out if I've missed it or not. Upon
further reflection, I think ALL email at work is not in my timezone.
NASA uses EST and email from my German colleagues is all in CET.

Ken, thanks VERY much for passing on that tip.

+1 for making local time the default, unless -noshowproc (or equivalent)
is in play.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>