Re: [Nmh-workers] date math

2014-12-15 12:21:58
First off, thank you for the original info -- that was exactly what I wanted.

Ken Hornstein writes:
I dunno ... I mean, do you care about the date an email was sent _in the
sender's timezone_?  Or do you care about the date an email was sent
in _your_ timezone?  Now that I think about it, I really care about
when an email was sent in _my_ timezone.

Just to provide a data point, I want to look at the email and easily say
"Oh, it was sent two hours ago."  And the easiest way to do that is to have
the date formatted in my local (or at least, my preferred) time zone.

It doesn't matter to me that it was 16:30 UTC or 08:30 PST.  Only that
it was 11:30 *here* when it happened.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net