Re: [Nmh-workers] semantics of mhshow -type and -part

2015-02-02 02:55:43
Paul F. wrote:

as an aside, i actually think "the sender's ranking" is a highly
overrated, and possibly even obsolete concept these days, RFCs
notwithstanding.

I'm not sure about that.  My phone seems to handle it
(multipart/alternative) nicely.

On the other hand, I have been getting emails with text/html and
text/plain in a multipart/related.  But those two text parts
appear to be just different representations of the same content,
so they really should be in a multipart/alternative.  I had been
thinking that these are mistakes.  But now I wonder if that's
the sender's way of punting the choice to the recipient.

mhshow shows both, which is a bit annoying.  Could we do better
by default?  I've been relying on -type text/html, which is OK.

My phone shows the first inline and makes the others available
as attachments, even if they all have inline disposition.  That
doesn't seem right.

David