[Nmh-workers] mhshow: unable to convert character set of...

2015-02-05 22:01:51
Hello,

I recently upgraded  to nmh-1.6 and now whenever I  try to view messages
that have  different character sets  it refuses to display  the content.
Previously it would just dump the text  to the terminal and let my pager
and  terminal figure  out what  to do  with the  characters, but  now it
refuses:

byte 1245mhshow: unable to convert character set of part 1.2 to UTF-8,
continuing...

part 1.2   text/plain                2638
part 2     text/plain                3257

I looked at the  man page for mhshow and it seems that  I should be able
to use the following:

mhshow-charset-utf-8: '%s'

But  that  seems  to  have  no   effect.  I  put  it  in  ~/.mh_profile,
~/Mail/mhn.defaults , and even the  system mhn.default, to no avail. How
can I make  it just dump the  characters to the screen as  it did before
without changing LC_ALL settings just to get it to dump the characters?

Thanks,

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000054d43af5