[Nmh-workers] mh-format and components with empty content

2015-02-25 08:59:04
My experiments indicate that mh-format, at least as applied to scan, does not
distinguish between a header with zero length content and a non-existent
header. Am I correct? I can't find any documentation saying that.

Maybe there is a standard that says that all components must have or should
have a content (what RFC 5322 calls a field body) of positive length.

In any case, is there a workaround that would let me write a format that would
treat a message with a component like

Foobar:

differently from a message without a "Foobar" component -- maybe some
legerdemain like appending 'X' and asking if the result is equal to 'X'.

I might note that

        pick --Foobar ''

Selects messages having a foobar component, with or without non-empty content.

    Norman Shapiro