Re: [Nmh-workers] rebuilding a borked MIME multipart/ structure?

2015-04-21 21:00:48
Outlook/Exchange sends a borked MIME structure for meeting invites, that
is stacked like this:

multipart/alternative
   text/html
   text/plain
   text/calendar

So I think this is with a newer version of Outlook, because I received one
of those this week.  But the ordering was:

    text/plain
    text/html
    text/calendar

Which of course in any standard-compliant MUA will almost certainly do
one of the first two and never bother looking at the third one.

However, I actually agree with Robert here.  A standards-compliant
MUA should be able to handle that fine, because like Robert said if
a MUA handles text/calendar it should use that one.  And in my case
the text/plain and text/html just contained the "DESCRIPTION" field
of the text/calendar entry.  This is further confused because exmh
shows the MIME parts in original message order, but nmh reverses
multipart/alternative part ordering (like I said before, I think that is
wrong but not everyone agrees).