Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

2015-04-23 05:24:56
Hi Ken,

Thirdly ... I think it's ridiculous that Stanford's anti-spam rules
trawl through Received headers (which are defined as being free-form)
and look for suspicious hostnames when you've already sent that email
through your email provider and it has a valid DKIM header; gmail has
already certified that the email came from an authenticated user, why
does Stanford care what your local hostname is?

I suspect "Home IP address (in San Jose) sending via LHLD to gmail" from
it is just one factor in its ham/spam decision.  Bob says with
that means it made little difference.

Seems odd so much of Bob's mail to Stanford is considered spam.  Wonder
what he's writing about.  :-)  Can Stanford recipients seems Bob's
emails in their spam folder and train Proofpoint that they're ham?

Cheers, Ralph.