Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

2015-04-23 22:43:56
Thus said Lyndon Nerenberg on Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:46:20 -0700:

Can we all please go back to UUCP? It, at least, worked :-P

Email worked very well too until  big email providers started imposing a
bunch of ad-hoc  methods to address ``spam.'' Very few  of them (perhaps
none?) actually let their users ``train''  their level of spam. The most
effective mechanism  is a per-user  bayesian type filter, but  I'm quite
certain that clicking the Spam button in Gmail doesn't really treat that
decision as unique to  my mailbox. If it did, it would only  take 1 or 2
such clicks  and I would  cease to see  Facebook and other  similar junk
mail in my Inbox.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005539bbd6