Re: [Nmh-workers] thread mangling python-list mailing list to comp.lang.python google group

2015-08-18 09:09:37
Hi Laura,

My mail shows up in the correct group (i.e. comp.lang.python) but in the
wrong thread.
For example, if you look in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/comp.lang.python/python$20implementaiton$20of$20a$20new$20coding/comp.lang.python/6yaqHQVKTYM
somewhere on page 8 you will find an article by me:

    Laura Creighton
    8:17 AM (5 hours ago)
    Re: memory control in Python

OK, I didn't find that one, I only see seven pages, but I did find this
one.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/comp.lang.python/6yaqHQVKTYM/HWieXFYRcvIJ

From a skim of the headers, you could try making your In-Reply-To comply
with RFC 2822.  IOW, have it contain just the message ID of the email
you are replying to and not the human-readable gunk around it.  (It can
actually have more than one message ID, but it's not References so you
probably just want the MID of the email given to repl(1).)  See RFC
2822, 3.6.4, `Identification fields'.

You can also inspect the References and Message-ID of your emails and
the ones you're replying to on Google Groups and see if they're all
getting through coherently.  To see the original post, it's down-arrow
on the right-hand side, `Show original'.  That gives us a direct link to
it as well then.

Cheers, Ralph.