Re: [Nmh-workers] (n)mh tip of the day

2015-10-22 00:55:43
Thus said Ken Hornstein on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:56:32 -0400:

As a  question to  everyone else:  how do  others who  juggle multiple
email identities make it work?

I have  a 268 line wrapper  script that I put  around /usr/sbin/sendmail
(yes, I  use the sendmail  interface, not  SMTP) that rewrites  the From
header based on a  set of rules that I have. It reads  in the rules file
and then  looks up the recipient  address for a match  starting with the
most explicit  match to more  loose matches until  it finds a  match, or
falls to the default catchall.

I  have often  wondered how  I  could do  this without  needing to  wrap
sendmail, which,  by the way, works  well enough. The only  problem I've
encountered  is being  able  to support  Bcc/Dcc which  I  have kind  of
ignored since I use it so rarely.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000056285d56