Re: [Nmh-workers] macos x 11 :-P

2016-02-23 23:08:23
Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca> writes:
So I tried building on El Torrito Burrito whatever-the-fsck-name current
version of MacOS, tonight.  (10.11.3, Xcode 7.2.1 (7C1002).)
Epic fail.  cpp doesn't know the location of openssl/ssl.h (which does exist,
in several locations under

Once upon a time (<= 10.9?) there was a program you could run to switch the
default SDK for the command-line compilation tools.  I can't find it any more.

I abandoned MacOS as a development platform a while ago, so I'm woefully
behind on the latest Xcode fu.  Are there any MacOS C developers out there
who can catch me up?

Apple stopped shipping the openssl headers a year or two back.  (The
copies you see must be from back-rev SDKs; there are none on my laptop.)
It looks like they still provide the shared library, but it's pretty
useless if you can't compile new source against it, and it also looks

$ ls -l /usr/lib/*ssl*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  400608 Sep  9  2014 /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  616560 Aug  5  2015 /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      18 Oct 18  2014 /usr/lib/libssl.dylib@ ->

Personally I just install openssl from source into /usr/local and then
build/link against that.

                        regards, tom lane

Nmh-workers mailing list