Re: [Nmh-workers] Future directions for nmh

2016-03-16 20:30:37
if MH could proxy its IMAP operations through a daemon running on a unix
domain socket or the loopback interface, then we could idealize the RPC
API between MH and that daemon. one thought is restful json.

I'm fine with that idea as well (although I see some issues in terms of
authentication, but nothing unsolveable).  I'd be happy if that was
a version "1.1" or "2.0" version of some hypothetical IMAP nmh code.

I had not heard of prayer webmail, but I will check it out!  But it
looks like it forks off all of the hard work on the c-client library?
And it runs a daemon out of xinetd.