Re: [Nmh-workers] Future directions for nmh

2016-03-16 15:58:47

On Mar 11, 2016, at 9:09 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

There was a guy on this mailing list who's name escapes me right now ...
who was a real bear when it came to insisting that nmh should stick to
100% POSIX compatibility.  You should talk to him.  What was his name
again ....?

Oh bite me! :-)

You know this sort of thing falls well outside POSIX. It would be inside a
non-portability #ifdef.

But if you want me to get all pedantic, I could write a protocol interface,
spoken through a named socket - which is POSIX portable - through which anyone
could write their own message store interface adapters as external interfaces.

Actually, that's my preferred scheme.  But it's not trivial to do – on either
side – so FUSE seemed like a more practical solution.

--lyndon