Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2016-03-26 18:22:28
Eric wrote:

I think we decided my names were ok? I don't mind at all if someone
wants to change them now.

I think they're fine.

- Repeating -user for each command is possibly odd.  Maybe put
  -user on mhlogin and save it in the cred file.  Arguably easier
  -for the user this way, arguably not.  Changing it would
  -complicate the code slightly.  I don't really care either way.

As I said, this would complicate the code, and I'm not  really sure
it's worth it. So you have -user foo repeated on a few lines in
.mh_profile, so what?

I think that I'll want -user, to support multiple accounts on the
same server.

- I have a lot of test cases in only a few broadly categorized
  test scripts, and they print descriptions as they go so it's
  easy to see what broke.  This messes up the test suite output.
  Does this make sense, should I change this only to print only
  if some environment variable is set, or should I just break
  these up into one test case per script?  I'd kinda prefer the
  latter, but I don't know if anyone objects to a big pile of
  test scripts in there.

I thought someone had a suggestion for this, but just now I looked for
it and didn't find it.

I don't recall a suggestion.  However, I just committed (on the
xauth branch) an optional mechanism that quiets the tests when
successful, but outputs the line that identifies the particular
test that failed when that happens.  I think this provides what
you want, but if not I'll take another shot at it.

The only changes to the oauth tests were to replace "echo" with
"start_test", and add one "finish_test" at the end.  start_test
saves the message instead of outputting it, and a trap function
outputs it only on failure.

Also, I never did figure out what to do about different error messages
on different platforms. I work on FreeBSD and Linux and they were
different; never mind what other platforms look like...

We can see what happens after merging to master and running on the
buildbots.  Shouldn't be a big deal.

David