Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2016-03-28 05:24:06
I got my computer working again!  Responding with nmh this time,
not Android :)

So let me know if you want me to work on anything here.

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

- Repeating -user for each command is possibly odd.  Maybe put
  -user on mhlogin and save it in the cred file.  Arguably easier
  -for the user this way, arguably not.  Changing it would
  -complicate the code slightly.  I don't really care either way.

As I said, this would complicate the code, and I'm not  really sure
it's worth it. So you have -user foo repeated on a few lines in
.mh_profile, so what?

I think that I'll want -user, to support multiple accounts on the
same server.

Sounds good.

The only changes to the oauth tests were to replace "echo" with
"start_test", and add one "finish_test" at the end.  start_test
saves the message instead of outputting it, and a trap function
outputs it only on failure.

Oh, I like it.

Also, I never did figure out what to do about different error messages
on different platforms. I work on FreeBSD and Linux and they were
different; never mind what other platforms look like...

I can't remember what this was about; I thought I made sure I
used the same curl version on both systems, but maybe not.
The tests pass for me now on both FreeBSD and Linux.

Thanks.