Re: [Nmh-workers] XOAUTH2 integration, and a few questions

2016-06-29 22:58:40
I'm just thinking about a hypothetical world where there would be two
different mail servers that support XOAUTH; you don't get to make the
choice in postproc, because send(1) is the guy who generates the bearer
token.

Actually, you do get to make the choice, because postproc can generate
the bearer token.  (sendfrom.c does, by overwriting the -authservice switch.
See its call to mh_oauth_do_xoauth().)

That's only true if it's a C program, compiled against the nmh libraries.
But my postproc is a shell script.  If we're supporting a generic "run any
program as a postproc interface", then we either need a command-line program
to generate a bearer token (which we still have to figure out a secure way
to get it to post) or really have post generate the bearer token.

We might want to consider renaming post's (undocumented) -authservice switch.
This is a bit confusing.

Yeah, because it means two different things to send and post.

Agreed.  Also, post currently doesn't parse the draft, and I don't think
we want it to.

Errr ... I'm not sure what you mean there, but it certainly does parse
the draft to decide who to deliver the message to (also, to set the
SMTP envelope address, process Fcc, and a few other things).  Unless I
misunderstand what you mean, of course.