Re: [Nmh-workers] Sharing MH files across computers

2016-09-01 14:56:33
rsync from cron ?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net
My fitbit says I've walked 3304 steps today (as of 15:49).

Thomas Levine writes:
I want to access the same mails from both my laptop computer and my
desktop computer. I can do this with naive copying if I always
synchronize before I inc, refile, send, &c, but that often requires a good
internet connection, and it is too easy for the synchronization to
accidentally not happen and thus to lead to filename conflicts.
Are there any very good ways of using mail between two computers?

Two easy things I thought of

* Use separate folders for the separate computers
 (+laptop/inbox, +laptop/outbox, +desktop/inbox, +desktop/outbox)
 and write wrappers that make the typing less verbose.
* Patch nmh so that you can configure a different modulus for each
 computer. New files will be numbered only as multiples of this
 modulus. In my case, for example, I could use odd numbers for the
 desktop and even numbers for the laptop