Re: [Nmh-workers] Format function to create wrapped header lines?

2016-09-05 19:31:09
    Date:        Mon, 05 Sep 2016 19:15:03 -0400
    From:        Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

  | Actually ... yes.  At least some of the complainers are on this list!
  |
  | http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2015-08/msg00047.html

That was actually about lack of a References header, and I agree, that
there should be one (and we have one now, so that's a non-issue).

Some of the issue here, is that there's no concept of a "thread" in the
e-mail standards, and everyone defines it slightly differently.

For example, since there was a mention of that 2015 message of Ralph's
I have added a reference to that message in this one.   Does that make
that message (and perhaps the rest of that year old thread) a part of
this thread?   Beats me -- but ideally people should have an easier way
to find it than digging out the URL from the e-mail and giving it to
a browser (or having the e-mail client scan for things in the body that
look like they might be URLs, which I know some MUAs do, but is dangerous).

  | the RIGHT place to do it is inside of mhbuild,
  |
  | Would people be happy with that?

Me, certainly...

kre