[Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)

2016-10-10 08:19:25
Okay, hopefully we've beaten this whole thing into the ground, and after
all that here's what I suggest we do for 1.7:

1) forw be changed so -mime is the default.  So if you, for example, still
   want to send a RFC 934 digest, you'd have to use -nomime.

2) Doing forw -mime will result in the following header being placed in
   the draft (just an example, you get the idea):

   Forward: +inbox 8 22 38

   Smart people will notice this looks a lot like the #forw mhbuild
   directive.  This is not a coincidence :-)

3) mhbuild will process any "Forward" headers at send(1) time and put
   them as message/rfc822 parts at the end of the message.  mhbuild will
   still handle #forw directives in case someone wants to have exact control
   over their message content.

4) After 1.7 comes out, Jon Steinhart will send a message to nmh-workers
   asking why forw doesn't work anymore :-) (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist).

Thoughts?  I realize this is a significant behavior change, and while I
do poke fun at Jon occasionally he does bring up the fair point that
breaking things is unfriendly.  AFAICT nothing will break (everything will
still work) but users will definitely notice a difference.