Re: [Nmh-workers] When a message goes only to me, as a cc

2016-10-11 09:26:07
I usually have a line, 'norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org', in my drafts. I do that
instead of
something like 'fcc: inbox', because I want to see what my Email looks like
after it has gone through the net. But sometimes I forget to otherwise address
the message. But then send will just go ahead and send the message, instead of
balking, as it would if I used fcc instead of cc.

I think the simplest thing to do would be to write a custom postproc
and use it to interrogate the draft (using scan(1)) to make sure it was
the way you want.  Like if the To: line was blank, exit with a sensible
error message.  If you were happy with it, call the real post.

I've attached the sample postproc I put in the nmh contrib directory;
it's job is to change the switches to post depending on the from line,
but you could use it to see if there's something in the To: header.