Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh documentation

2016-10-15 11:02:42
Norm wrote:

But I wonder how much additional clarification is wise. Perhaps nmh
documentation is reaching, or has reached, the law of diminishing returns. The
more man pages that are added and the longer man pages become, the harder it
will be to find something, and the less likely it would be that users will
read the documentation. So each for each clarification, you have to balance
how much it will help, against how much it will hurt.

Good point.  I was thinking of adding just one sentence to the post(8)
man page, referring to the postproc entry in the mh-format(5) man page,
because that seems like a reasonable place.

I'm reminded of the original UNIX man pages, going to back version six (circa
1970) and seven. They were brutally terse, yet helpful.

As if the nmh man pages aren't terse? :-)

David