[Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-17 11:26:33
So I updated to the new RHEL6 package of nmh 1.6 (had been on 1.5).
I've found that it now wants to mime-ify outgoing mail and among
other things attaches
Apparently, it's also trying to enforce that by rejecting any
non-plain-ASCII content.  This is a real pain, mainly because whatever
it's doing isn't playing well with exmh: the post simply silently doesn't
happen.  That's several notches below the already pretty awful handling
of post errors that I was used to.

I don't usually compose mail that isn't straight ASCII, but I've already
been burnt twice this morning by trying to forward text that included
a stray UTF8 character or two.

Any suggestions on how to improve this?  Ideally I'd like it to pass
through what it's told to, perhaps changing the charset marking to
utf8 when necessary.

                        regards, tom lane