Re: [Nmh-workers] Development Questions. check Programs. register.

2016-10-17 15:10:46
Ralph wrote:

I've noticed things like test/fakepop only get built on a
`make check' because that needs to use them.  OTOH, it would be nice to
see compilation succeeds along with everything else in the `all' target.

Maybe add a phony target that would build the test programs?
Then either specify it manually, along with all, or add it as a
dependent of all.  I get caught by this, too, so would like to
have a solution.

I've been building all, thinking all's OK, edit, make, ..., and then a
check or distcheck shows up problems from earlier edits.  Not sure if my
rusty automake is up to this and wondered what opinions were anyway.

I'm not sure what that's about.  I almost always use build_nmh, and usually
with its -s (as part of -dsy or -cdsy), so I start from a clean slate.

docs/historical has a whole tree of old MH source.  Whilst useful, I
wonder if that can just be tagged and removed so it doesn't clutter `git
grep', etc., output?

I agree with Lyndon and Ken that it's helpful to have it close by.

David