Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-17 16:39:58
BTW, WRT spotting multi-byte UTF-8 encoding, I don't think that's a
goer.  Valid UTF-8 and valid GB2312 can share the same sequences,
especially if it's just the odd `£' or `拢` in ASCII text.

It was just a suggestion, not one I was particularly crazy about ... but
not all arbitrary 8-bit sequences are valid UTF-8.  And it looks like
for GB2312 (using the EUC-CN encoding, right?) it would be harder, but
there are certainly invalid sequences for GB2312.  Although I do not
think this is a business we should be in; pick your locale properly
or explicitly specify a character set in the draft.