Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-17 13:39:28
The problem I've had with it in the past is that in a situation where *no*
mail can be sent, you don't get a notification back.  Not much surprise
there, and I've found that the error message does get left behind in
a file in the drafts folder.  But this mhbuild failure neither sends
warning mail nor leaves any file that I can find.

Yeah, that was an oversight on my part; I'll fix that.

I generally run with LANG=C, which I suppose would have that effect.
I could probably arrange to override that environment setting while
calling "send", but it'd be easier if send had a command line switch
for it.

I just have a hard time adding a switch to send (or really, any nmh utility)
when there's already OS-supported mechanism for overriding the locale
for individual commands by changing the environment variable.