Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-17 20:09:34
Ken wrote:

[Tom wrote:]
I thought Laura's suggestion was to be able to put something like

locale: en_GB.utf8

into ~/.mh_profile, which seems eminently sensible to me.

Sigh.  I won't object if someone does this work ... but it's not something
I want to tackle, for the aforementioned reasons.  Note that it's not
completely straightforward, since a few programs (like post(8)) don't
read the profile.

I'll do it.  post doesn't call iconv, so I'll assume it doesn't need it.
mh-install(1) and slocal(1) don't either, all other MH/nmh programs do.

David