Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-17 20:18:08

On Oct 17, 2016, at 6:08 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

What about an $NMH_LANG environment variable that the runtime could
look for *very* early on, and use to seed $LANG.  Seems like minimal
impact to the rest of the code that's locale aware.  Assuming that is
all consolidated in the library routines.  Which I *think* we are ...

Ugggghhh ... see my previous email on this subject.  Personally, not
interested.

At this point, I think the fact that nobody seems to be able to give a simple,
clear, and coherent description of the problem suggests that nobody really
knows what the actual problem is, yet.

I think we are conflating two or three different issues, solely because their
side effects look the same.

--lyndon