Re: [Nmh-workers] Update .SH NAME for fmttest.man

2017-03-21 08:43:38
Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Larry,

 .SH FMTTEST
-fmttest \- test tool for the
+fmttest \- test tool for the nmh
 .IR mh-format (5)
 language
 .SH SYNOPSIS

That looks wrong, not due to your change.  The line after .SH should be
a single physical line with a `\-'.  `man -k fmttest' gives nothing
here, though `man -k refile' and `man fmttest' work fine.  Without
spending time investigating, I'd suspect this is why.  There may be
other similar culprits.  `\fImh-format\fP(5)' works there AFAIK.

I had spotted that, but being rather monofocal I pressed on with
the job at hand. Still, we have 'started the conversation', as vile
bores say.

I wonder if, in situations like this, you could accompany your
suggestions with a diff, or does something prevent you from doing
that? It might be more efficient, no?