Re: [Nmh-workers] Large MH directories

2017-04-08 12:32:11
It may or may not matter that I use exmh not direct nmh commands.
exmh seems to cache the scan output, but then again it adds a lot of
its own overhead.

AFAIK, exmh does NOT use any native nmh commands for message display or
sequence manipulation.  Yes, it does cache scan output, but I believe it
opens the message file directly based on what's in the scan output.  So
it's probably the best case there.  Might be interesting to see how long
"show last > /dev/null" takes for a larger folder.