Re: [Nmh-workers] Cutting a new exmh release...

2017-04-21 11:58:53
valdis(_dot_)kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu writes:
The nmh guys are looking at finally deprecating mhn and shipping
only mhbuild.  This raises a few questions:

1) Would anybody complain if a new Exmh release said "You must have
nmh 1.7"?

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, this is going to be a
flag day thing, right?  You must upgrade to nmh 1.7 at the same time
you upgrade to exmh-whatever, because neither new nmh with old exmh
nor the reverse case will work?

That's kind of a pain, but on the other hand, we're so overdue for
a new official exmh release that I'd much rather have that sooner
with this restriction than later without.  And it sounds like new
nmh with old exmh is going to be broken in any event.

                        regards, tom lane