Re: [Nmh-workers] mhn/mhbuild

2017-04-24 19:22:14
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:22:02 -0400, David Levine said:
Valdis wrote:

How compatible are the directives handled by mhn and mhbuild?

mhn execs mhbuild under either of these conditions:
1) The -build switch is passed to mhn.
2) Both the mhdraft environment variable and the single argument
   to mhn are the message number of the draft.

I don't see that mhn calls mhbuild any other way.  So, the
existing mhbuild directives supplied by exmh should work.

No, that wasn't exactly the question. Exmh never passes -build on its
own - I still need to double-check the second possibility...

If users are supplying their own in-line #whatever directives, and
mhn does *not* call mhbuild, but does its own processing, are the
set of directives accepted the same, and produce semantically equivalent
output?  Or will #whatever be quietly ignored if not in -build mode?

I *think* it's just the 'sedit' simple editor that mostly uses it, except the
support code is splattered across 7 files, so it's less than obvious exactly
what cases it gets called in - it *seems* to be "if it finds a line that
matches ^# (although there's 2 entirely different checks for that:

lib/sedit.tcl:  if {$sedit($t,mhn) && ![catch {exec grep -l ^# $draft}]} {
lib/seditMime.tcl:              if {$sedit($t,mhn) && [string first {#} $line]
== 0} {

And there's one call to 'mhn -store' for message/partial support - is that even
a thing anymore?

/Valdis (who understood this code base a lot better 15 years ago...)