Re: [Nmh-workers] Request Deprecation of mts.conf's mmdelim1 and mmdelim2.

2017-05-30 21:14:56
Not qmail?  http://qmail.org/man/man5/mbox.html describes mboxrd by
default, and then describes how qmail-local locks the file.

Dang.  Well, I see that the default is for qmail to use Maildir (not a
surprise), but I see that it unconditionally uses mboxrd to write a mbox
maildrop.

I don't believe that nmh ever munges a From line in an email body; I
cannot find any code that does so, but if there is please let me know.

uip/dropsbr.c's mbx_copy() does, used by packf(1), rcvpack(1), and
slocal(1).  I was in that file the other day, deleting all the
`map'-index-file code.

I guess I'm 0 for 2 today.

This suggests to me that everything that reads and writes a mbox file
should have the option to read/write mboxrd, in addition to mboxo
format.  I do not believe it is possible to autodetect which format is
in use, but obviously I've been wrong a lot lately.