Re: [Nmh-workers] scan doesn't appear to understand language encodings

2017-06-02 08:25:38
scan can't decode the body of a message; you get the raw text output.
Which is why you see the beginning of the MIME multipart marker if your
message is a multipart.  Why can't scan do that?  Because no one made it
do that.  SHOULD it do that?  Yes, ...

i'm not sure i agree.  frankly, the first-line snippet that scan
provides instead of a subject is hardly useful enough to be worth it.
i'd be just as happy if scan <<Missing Subject>> or somesuch.

You are, of course, FREE TO DO THAT! :-)  That's actually pretty easy with
the existing mh-format language.

I guess my feeling is that the special %{text} component that scan provides
is useful to some people, and I find it useful on occasion.  It's become
less useful since MIME became widespread.  I don't see a reason it shouldn't
be more useful.