Re: [Nmh-workers] [patch] filtering support for inc

2017-07-16 19:13:25
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:21:46 -0000, Thomas Levine said:

Has something like filtering support for inc been written?
https://www.mail-archive.com/nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org/msg06078.html

I wound up writing something that runs inc and than passes each
particular message in the resulting folder to slocal (attached).
It seems strange to me that nmh doesn't include something like this.

I can't speak for others, but if you're going to the trouble of adding
filtering support, the user should be able to specify the filter to be
used.

Of course, I'm saying that because I looked at slocal, then looked
at the much more expressive language that procmail provides, and never
looked at slocal again.  Currently, I use fetchmail feeding into procmail
in the background.