Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.

2017-07-21 10:52:12
It's bad because nmh's source needs a lot of clean up, at small and
large scale, due to decades of changing expectations, conventions, and
bit rot.  And tests to help spot regressions in doing that.

Ralph has hit the nail on the head.  It seems a large part of nmh development
is cleaning up old crap from 30 years ago.  At least, larger than I would
like.  Also, bringing nmh forward really means retooling a bunch of internal
stuff.  I've done that for some things, but it's a big job and we still have
more to do.

Now, perhaps people would argue that nmh doesn't need to be brought forward
that much; I would respectfully disagree, but there are some small things
people ask for all of the time that really need larger changes to happen.
I wish I had more time to work on those things.