Re: [Nmh-workers] [patch] filtering support for inc

2017-07-20 22:06:50
Thus said Thomas Levine on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:00:33 -0000:

I have  written slocal  filters because  I read about  them in  the MH
book. Having done this,  it would be convenient for me  if I could run
the slocal filters on new mail.

I use a simple shell script for this:

#!/bin/sh
MYINCTMP=`mhpath +MyIncTmp`

[ -e $MYINCTMP ] || mkdir -p $MYINCTMP
if inc +MyIncTmp -nochangecur -user username -host host
then
  for file in $(mhpath +MyIncTmp all)
  do
    /usr/local/libexec/slocal -verbose < $file
    test $? -eq 0 && rm $file
  done
fi

Haven't ever really  needed more. There are certainly  fancier tools for
filtering than slocal, but I control most of what I need by simply using
unique email addresses.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000059716fb4