Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.

2017-07-28 16:09:55
Thanks, guys, for your replies!  Sorry to take so long to get
back to you.

Unfortunately, I didn't install all the build tools I needed
before the Ubuntu 13.10 repositories were decommissioned.  I'll
need to upgrade my OS first, now.  I apologize for the delay this
will introduce.  B-[

David:  a unified approach to tests handling exit status sounds
like a reasonable project goal to me.

                                Bob

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 20:44:38 -0400 Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
sez:

Note:  I've not yet upgraded from the ancient (and unsupported)
Ubuntu 13.10.  I'm planning to upgrade to the latest LTS
soon-ish.  Do you think that will pose issues that I should
investigate (and deal with) before getting too far into things?

We are targeting relatively modern POSIX; there might be a few
things that don't exist on older systems, but it's hard for me
to predict exactly what they would be.  I'd say try it and find
out.

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 20:51:18 -0400 David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org>
sez:

Bob writes:

of recent test coding (though not necessarily as defined template
for all aspects of testing going forward -- in particular, that
just checking the exit status is sufficient).

The tests handle exit status differently, it would be nice if it
was unified.

Note:  I've not yet upgraded from the ancient (and unsupported)
Ubuntu 13.10.

I built on Ubuntu 12 recently without any issues.