Re: [Nmh-workers] Bug in 1.7 mh-format numeric output

2017-11-21 16:13:08
Hi Ken,

1.6:
    % fmttest -raw -format '%3(num 5000)' dummy
    ?00

1.7:
    % fmttest -raw -format '%3(num 5000)' dummy
    ?000
This seems like easy enough to fix; my only question is, is this worth
doing a 1.7.1?  Part of me says yes, since this a change to LONG
standing MH behavior.  What do others think?

Users of git nmh have had three years to notice and haven't.  I think
most people that find a folder overflows their column width alter the
format to add another digit, e.g. as their biggest folder tips over
10,000.  So do folks live with question mark in the output so that
misalignment will niggle?

Given that, I don't think it's worth a 1.7.1.  We could wait for a user
to suffer and report it.  Or for the next 1.7 problem to be reported as
that may warrant a fix release and this could jump aboard.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--