Re: [Nmh-workers] Bug in 1.7 mh-format numeric output

2017-11-22 08:42:58
Hi Ken,

Looking at the previous version of cpnumber() (the offending function)
it seems the issue was when the '?' marking truncation was inserted,
it simply REPLACED the last character inserted, but now it's just
appended to the string.

This seems like easy enough to fix

I had a look at a simple fix, but charstring_t doesn't have a popchar(),
and altering the loop by one to stop it early didn't look obvious whilst
reading in, so I rewrote the function.  :-}  On the plus side, no
temporary charstring_t is required, with its malloc, and the result
isn't reversed at the end.  Plus, a negative width switches
justification, just like with strings.  I've updated mh-format(5) a bit,
but that whole section was and still is a bit unclear and a tangle.

a034d7e5 pushed to master.  That still leaves the option of a quick-fix
to 1.7, or cherry-picking this.

A slight whoopsy in trying to `git push origin a034d7e5...:master'.  I
tried a --dry-run with `master:a034d7e5...' and it didn't complain so
did it for real.  Unfortunately, it appears to have created a new branch
called, yep, `a034d7e5...'.  And well as polluting the public repo, it
makes local git unhappy because a 40-long hex-string is ambiguous.  How
does that get fixed?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy