Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's putnum drops data if too close to end of line?

2017-12-04 19:55:01
Tom wrote:

Hm.  Is there a way to override that value judgment?

Call it what you like, I will continue to remove any code I find
that silently outputs an incorrect integer.

%(kilo) and %(kibi) can produce partial output, and have the
benefit of a known trailing character.

The format engine did some bad things that were fixed in 1.7.  And
that wasn't the end of it.  Ralph just discovered some more
underspecification, or maybe just more bugs.  As discussed more
than once, the format engine needs a thorough overhaul.

David

--
Nmh-workers