Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's putnum drops data if too close to end of line?

2017-12-04 21:09:22
David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> writes:
Tom wrote:
Hm.  Is there a way to override that value judgment?

Call it what you like, I will continue to remove any code I find
that silently outputs an incorrect integer.

%(kilo) and %(kibi) can produce partial output, and have the
benefit of a known trailing character.

Ah.  Replacing "putnum" with "kilo" produces output that I'm perfectly
happy with --- thanks for the tip!

Though I'm not sure I believe your assertion that these produce a known
trailing character; AFAICS there is none below 1K:

$ fmttest -format '(%(kilo(size)))' -msgsize 123 -raw foo
(123)

                        regards, tom lane

--
Nmh-workers